In March of 2011 I was called by God, through staff at Wycliffe Associates, to join a talented group of men and women who work diligently to advance Bible translation around the world. By June of that year I was on my first trip with WA to deploy BGAN satellite terminals and help improve communications for mother tongue translators and their translation teams in Nigeria. These communication tools speed up the translation process and help reduce the time to complete a translation project by years.
I have now been on several trips just like this because God has asked me to help advance His kingdom in a way that utilizes my talents. I’m doing my part to help Bible translators put the Word of God in a language the people understand best, a language that speaks to their “heart”. You can be apart of this challenge too by partnering with me through your prayer and finances. The Time Is Now to make Vision 2025 a reality!
FACTS ABOUT WYCLIFFE ASSOCIATES
11450 Translation Way
P.O. Box 620143
Orlando, FL 32862
Who We Are:
Organized in 1967 by friends of Bible translators, Wycliffe Associates is a ministry accelerating the work of Bible translation around the world.
Wycliffe Associates accelerates the work of Bible translation by empowering people to provide the Good News in every heart language through their time, talents, and treasure. Because millions of people around the world are still waiting to read the Scriptures in the language of their heart, we are working as quickly as we can to translate every verse of God’s Word into every tongue to change every heart. We partner with nationals, Mother Tongue Translators, staff, volunteers, and supporters to direct and fund these efforts, as well as provide logistics, networking, and technical support. Through a growing global network, we are striving to overcome local limitations of time and resources to achieve the goal of beginning the translation of God’s Word in every remaining language that needs it by 2025.
- Accelerated the work of Bible translation in 77 countries
- Mobilized 3,703 volunteer and staff members to advance the cause of Bible translation throughout the world
- Improved hundreds of facilities for Bible translation around the world
- Languages currently spoken in the world: 6,837
- Languages that need a Bible translation project started: 2,004
- Languages that have Scripture: 2,684; of these, 471 have an adequate Bible, 1,211 have an adequate New Testament, and 1,002 have at least one book of the Bible
- Total number of languages in which Bible translation is in progress: 2,175